Welcome!

Sam, Katie, and Sara-lab partners extraordinaire- had talked for a while about making a chemistry-themed blog with their awesome chemistry-related experiences. One day they were reminiscing about playing google docs tag (chasing each other with their cursors in the spreadsheet) and after that nerdy memory they decided it was about time to go for it.

Welcome to the epic adventure!
Share your chemistry knowledge. Share your life. :)

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Baby's first blog **ever** (isn't it a joyous occasion?)

(So here's a comment about my own lack of computer/blogging savviness: I just posted this as a comment on Sam's post, rather than making my own. Just because I can't blog doesn't mean I can't do chemistry!)

Well, I figured it's about time that I should blog. Don't laugh; this is the first time I have ever written anything on a blog in my entire life. Seeing Nate get Snickers the other day is reason enough to spend a few minutes writing! :)

Today was the last day of O-Chem lab that I will ever go to. Unfortunately for me, I decided to take the classes a little out of order, so Katie Andrus and myself will be taking 227 in the fall with Dr. Goates. So we go from a lab requiring 0% accuracy and precision, with <1% yield as perfectly acceptable, to 227 which requires almost the exact number, calculating errors, and is double the credits. All I have to say is that it was fun while it lasted.

Here's to Mrs. Hinshaw for a fabulous semester. I'll be honest; I think she's hilarious, and will definitely be missed by many.

As for the end of the year approaching, many of us have to decide what to do with our lives: grad school, med school, professional school, any other kind of school, master's degrees, Ph.D.'s, M.D.'s, M.D./Ph.D.'s (I think I'm the only one crazy enough to consider that one!), etc. At least we all have the summer to reflect on that. I take the MCAT this summer, and I think I will yet again pay the gouging $55 to push back my test date to June 17th because I haven't picked up my prep books since January. Oh how I envy you chemists (and few biochemists) that don't have to take the GRE until the fall! Kind of makes me want to just go to grad school.... :)

1 comment:

  1. Woo! Matt, I'm so excited for 227! We are going to rock it! :)

    ReplyDelete