Welcome!

Sam, Katie, and Sara-lab partners extraordinaire- had talked for a while about making a chemistry-themed blog with their awesome chemistry-related experiences. One day they were reminiscing about playing google docs tag (chasing each other with their cursors in the spreadsheet) and after that nerdy memory they decided it was about time to go for it.

Welcome to the epic adventure!
Share your chemistry knowledge. Share your life. :)

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bonding and Antibonding experiences

So I was looking at some of my old blog entries and I found this from Thursday, April 23, 2009. It's about a nerdy chemistry bonding experience. I figured this might be a good venue to share it again:

Party...chemistry style

Some of my chem friends decided to get together to watch a goofy movie after our finals ended. I was looking forward to some nice relaxing chill time. It was definitely fun and entertaining (my friends even more than the movie- one knew all the words and two sang along sometimes), but not quite as relaxing as I had expected. People commented on the laws of buoyancy violated in the river-floating scene, debated over whether the gloves the characters wore were latex or nitrile, and disputed the presence of carbonyl peaks in the clouds. Call me a slacker, but I'm totally okay with not mentioning chemistry related topics while watching a mindless movie after finals.

Actually, I lied. That was probably my favorite part: the nerdy jokes. That's why I love those people- their simultaneous coolness and nerdyness and total self-acceptance. While watching that movie in a basement classroom of the chemistry building, I realized I'm definitely going to miss them this summer- nitrile gloves and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment